Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Best of 2014 by Paymon Jestan

When I sit down and think about it, I can't stand 'best of' lists. I think it's because most of the time they come from the pretentious douche-pickles at Pitchfork or Rolling Stone, who have bad taste and wouldn't know what good music was if it snuck up behind them and bit 'em in the ass. Especially when it comes to various forms of Heavy Metal. They tend to plug their assholes with their thumbs and jerk off over what bands like Deafheaven are coming out with next. When starting this thing, I said to myself I didn't want to be like Pitchfork and pretend like my taste trumps everyone else's. However, I've grown tired of said places being the overall authority of what 'good', new music is. So fuck it.

Anyways, I digress. I barely take time out of my schedule to write about this stuff but I felt obligated to myself to make this irrelevant best-of list.

Here's my list of good things that came out this past year:

Amulet - The First
Barrow Wight - Power From the East
Black Magic - Wizard's Spell
Obscure Burial - Epiphany
Pilgrim - II: Void Worship
Morbus Chron - Sweven
Nightmare City - Nightmare Tape
Nunslaughter - Angelic Dread
Ranger - Shock Skull
Stone Dagger - Siege of Jerusalem 
Vampire - Vampire


No comments:

Post a Comment