Thursday, December 18, 2014

WETBRAIN s/t LP


WETBRAIN s/t LP

The first time I heard this band was right after they played in Chicago, I had to work the night of the show but heard that there was a member of Annihilation Time and the h100’s in the band so I really wanted to check it out.  I listened to their demo shortly after and really liked it, It opened up with a Plasmatics cover which really got me hooked.  The band I was in GLOV got to play with Wetbrain in Columbus about a year after and it was awesome, all the guys were high energy, the singer had long hair and they sounded spot on.  After seeing them I was excited to see what they were going to come out with next, which is this self titled LP…  The best way to describe this band is if Thin Lizzy drank a bottle of jack, did a bunch of speed and wanted to sound like Black Flag.  There are some driving straight forward hardcore songs that are truly ripping and the other songs a re still fast paced but they also have some ripping guitar solos and breakdowns.  The breakdowns that this band has are not moshey at all, they are obviously influenced by straight forward rock and roll and have their own unique sound.  This brecord is very well done and has all aspects of punk that I love including snotty ass vocals that stand out when compared to the current state of many front people just screaming...



here is a link to their facebook where you can hear songs from the LP...


No comments:

Post a Comment