Friday, June 27, 2014

Hankwood and the Hammerheads

I am aware this record came out in 2012 but  finally got to see this band in Cleveland last month.  When I first heard about this band I didn't think I would be interested in them, 2 drummers and a keyboard are generally not things I am into.  After seeing them in Cleveland and seeing how much energy this band plays with and how pissed off the lyrics are they quickly became one of my favorite current bands.  This is a great punk band in the original sense, they are doing their own thing.  They sound like a hard garage punk band but with  some serious raging vocals, all things, when mixed together worked out very well.  SOme of my favorites off this one are I don't play games, and I don't play games.  Give it a listen!




No comments:

Post a Comment